Dental crowns are used to restore teeth that have gone through major damage or decay. A crown can restore your tooth back to its original shape, strength, and appearance. Crowns can also prevent further decay from happening if the patient has proper oral hygiene.
Made from metal amalgam, white composite, or white porcelain, dental crowns fit directly over a damaged tooth, bringing it back to its original form again. Crowns are essentially a cap for your tooth. Crowns help to:
- Restore fractured or broken teeth
- Hold pieces of a broken tooth together
- Restores a severely decayed tooth
At the office of Kevin M. Christ, DMD, we offer one-day crowns with Cerec.
The process for creating traditional dental crowns can take weeks to even months to complete. Thanks to modern technology this lengthy process has been eliminated.
Now, you don’t have to wait with Cerec same –day crowns. This modern technology makes use of both computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and computer-aided design (CAD), to provide high-quality dental restoration work much faster than traditional methods.
What are CEREC Crowns?
CEREC same-day dental crowns are the most modern technology available in dental restoration. Patients, their teeth, and their smiles stand to gain numerous benefits from same-day crowns.
The CEREC same-day crowns milling machine allows us to create your new crown right in our office.
The name CEREC is an acronym that stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of
Esthetic Ceramics – also known as CERamic REConstruction.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
CEREC Same-Day Crowns
- Same-day service. You can stay in the dentist’s chair while everything is completed.
- Digital impressions are comfortable.
Traditional Dental Crowns
- Several visits to the dentist’s office are needed to complete the process.
- Multiple ways exist to create traditional crowns.
- Traditional impressions can be quite uncomfortable.
- Traditional crowns have an average lifespan of only ten years.